This 200 hour in depth study at the Yoga Alliance Registered School: Sacred Rivers Yoga for Every Body – qualifies you to become certified as a beginning/intermediate Yoga teacher and is in compliance with the standards of the nationally recognized Yoga Alliance. You will receive the 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certificate upon successful completion of the program, as well as applicable hours towards the 500 hour Advanced Training.
You will be granted the use of the Alliance Registry Mark -RYT 200. Yoga Alliance actively works to maintain a national registry of Yoga teachers and schools who meet the Alliance’s recommended educational standards. It is dedicated to uphold the integrity of yoga, to provide support, to educate the public about the benefits of yoga, and to provide a vehicle for those who teach yoga to come together in unity while supporting the diversity that exists within the yoga community.
This program is also recommended for any serious Yoga student who wishes to deepen his or her practice and transform their life through personal growth and self discovery, or to follow the yogic path.
Hours will be completed in the following modules: Techniques; Training; Practice; Teaching Methodology; Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga; Kinesiology; Yoga Philosophy; Lifestyle and Ethics; Practicum.
- Breathwalking- Gratefulness – Affirmations or Connection
- Stretching and Strengthening Techniques to Prepare Your Body
- The Art and Science of Beginning/Intermediate Hatha Yoga Asanas and Pranayama
- Deep Relaxation – Five Bodies and Five Stages of Relaxation – Maya Koshas
- Nutrition for Imbalances
- Yoga for Every Body – Ten Weeks of Lesson Plans.
- The Study of 40 asanas, Including Variations, Props, Language and
- Intro to Yoga Therapy for Back Problems, Arthritis and MS
- Restorative Yoga
- Elder Yoga – Yoga in a Chair
- Yoga for Children
- Prenatal Yoga
- Intro to Yoga for Cardiac/Cancer Patients
- The Effects of Hatha Yoga on Perceived Stress and Body Image
- Thai Yoga
- Chakras and Subtle Energies
- Anatomy/Philosophy and History/Ethics
- Teaching Methods and Practice
- Observation, Assisting, Adjusting
- Reading, Homework, Writing Assignments, Practical and Written Exam/Feedback Sheet
- Like a Labyrinth – Enter from Outside, Wind Way to Center – Where Peace is Felt
Sacred Rivers Yoga has been graduating students since 2004 in our 200 Hour and 500 Hour Yoga Alliance registered schools.
The weekend program is one intensive weekend per month, Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am – 5:00pm both days. This program takes fourteen months to complete with perfect attendance.
The weekday program is ongoing every Thursday, 9:00am – 4:00pm. This program takes seven months to complete with perfect attendance.
Both programs are flexible, ongoing and revolving. You may begin at any time.
Sacred Rivers Yoga’s ‘Yoga for Every Body’ Yoga Alliance 200 & 500 hour registered yoga schools have been graduating students since 2004.
Please read what our graduates have to say here.
- December 9th
- January 27th
- January 28th
- February 24th
- February 25th
- March 24th
- March 25th
- April 28th
- April 29th
- May 19th
- May 20th
- June 23th
- June 24th
- July 28th
- July 29th
- August 25th
- August 26th
- September 29th
- September 30th
- October 27th
- October 28th
- November 17th
- November 18th
- December 8th
There is an application process for training program and students hoping to attend should have practiced and studied yoga for a minimum of six months.