This 200 hour in depth study at the Yoga Alliance Registered School: Sacred Rivers Yoga for Every Body – qualifies you to become certified as a beginning/intermediate Yoga teacher and is in compliance with the standards of the nationally recognized Yoga Alliance. You will receive the 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certificate upon successful completion of the program, as well as applicable hours towards the 500 hour Advanced Training.
You will be granted the use of the Alliance Registry Mark -RYT 200. Yoga Alliance actively works to maintain a national registry of Yoga teachers and schools who meet the Alliance’s recommended educational standards. It is dedicated to uphold the integrity of yoga, to provide support, to educate the public about the benefits of yoga, and to provide a vehicle for those who teach yoga to come together in unity while supporting the diversity that exists within the yoga community.
This program is also recommended for any serious Yoga student who wishes to deepen his or her practice and transform their life through personal growth and self discovery, or to follow the yogic path.
Hours will be completed in the following modules: Techniques; Training; Practice; Teaching Methodology; Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga; Kinesiology; Yoga Philosophy; Lifestyle and Ethics; Practicum.
- Breathwalking- Gratefulness – Affirmations or Connection
- Stretching and Strengthening Techniques to Prepare Your Body
- The Art and Science of Beginning/Intermediate Hatha Yoga Asanas and Pranayama
- Deep Relaxation – Five Bodies and Five Stages of Relaxation – Maya Koshas
- Nutrition for Imbalances
- Yoga for Every Body – Ten Weeks of Lesson Plans.
- The Study of 40 asanas, Including Variations, Props, Language and
- Intro to Yoga Therapy for Back Problems, Arthritis and MS
- Restorative Yoga
- Elder Yoga – Yoga in a Chair
- Yoga for Children
- Prenatal Yoga
- Intro to Yoga for Cardiac/Cancer Patients
- The Effects of Hatha Yoga on Perceived Stress and Body Image
- Thai Yoga
- Chakras and Subtle Energies
- Anatomy/Philosophy and History/Ethics
- Teaching Methods and Practice
- Observation, Assisting, Adjusting
- Reading, Homework, Writing Assignments, Practical and Written Exam/Feedback Sheet
- Like a Labyrinth – Enter from Outside, Wind Way to Center – Where Peace is Felt
Sacred Rivers Yoga has been graduating students since 2004 in our 200 Hour and 500 Hour Yoga Alliance registered schools.
The weekend program is one intensive weekend per month, Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am – 5:00pm both days. This program takes fourteen months to complete with perfect attendance.
The weekday program is ongoing every Thursday, 9:00am – 4:00pm. This program takes seven months to complete with perfect attendance.
Both programs are flexible, ongoing and revolving. You may begin at any time.
Sacred Rivers Yoga’s ‘Yoga for Every Body’ Yoga Alliance 200 & 500 hour registered yoga schools have been graduating students since 2004.
Please read what our graduates have to say here.
- June 22 & 23
- July 27 & 28
- August 24 & 25
- September 21 & 22
- October 26 & 27
- November 23 & 24
- December 7
- January 25 & 26
- February 22 & 23
- March 28 & 29
- April 25 & 26
- May 30 & 31
- June 27 & 28
- July 25 & 26
- August 29 & 30
- September 26 & 27
- October 24 & 25
- November 21 & 22
- December 5
There is an application process for training program and students hoping to attend should have practiced and studied yoga for a minimum of six months.